Friday, July 19, 2013

Belgian Beer Week and Pints for Prostates

 
Hey there Folks!! Coming to you today to talk about one of my favorite weeks of the entire year, Belgian Beer Week. This year we are starting a little later than most folks (officially its the 15-21) so that we could coincide the end of our Pints for Prostates promotion on July 24th. This was one of the most successful events we had in all of 2012 and I'm happy to say it was the first real event I planned for the Saucer outside of the Victory Beer Dinner. So, I'm really pleased to have the honor to do it again this year.

So what's my thought process behind the 2013 Addison Saucer Belgian Beer Week? I wanted to feature as many styles as I could while exposing you guys to some newer/smaller names and I also throw in a heavy dose of my personal favorites haha. The schedule:

Monday: Oliva Bourbon Barrel Quad and Petrus Aged Red
Tuesday: McChouffe and Prearis Quad
Wednesday: Liefman Cuvee Brut and La Trappe Isid'or
Thursday: Belgian Christmas: Delirium Noel, Silly Noel, Bucaneer Christmas and St. Bernardus Christmas
Friday: La Fin Du Monde and Ommegang XV

It's a pretty diverse line up...some points of interest La Fin du Monde draft on Friday (very rare in draught form), Oliva Bourbon Quad (b.a quad? yes, please) and the quatro-tapping Thursday of some excellent VINTAGE Belgian Ales. Belgian Xmas ales are some of my absolute favorites. I love the warming spice and overall holiday feel you get from them. These are all vintages from 2012 and 2011 that I've been storing just for this week!! We've got everything from Pale Ales and up so make sure you check them out (and a few new Flemish Reds; my favorite Belgian style)! In addition on Monday we will tap the Ommegang Belgian Independence Day Brew: Double White (and it comes with a glass seen below!!) so make sure you ask about it as it will be available all day while supplies last.



Lastly, I wanted to talk a bit about the conclusion of Pints for Prostates. This is great charity supporting cancer research. 100% of our proceed go directly to the Foundation. We will be doing a table drive on Sunday during the BeerBQ...if you donate 10 dollars you will be entered into the raffle AND you receive a free tshirt (your choice of duvel, chimay, p4p, and even some Saucer GoodBeers) and we will have other give aways for donations. We are hoping to raise at least $1000 Dollars that day so please take some time to stop by and even it's just a dollar we really appreciate the support.



July 24th is the final glass and your final chance to enter the drawing for a trip for two to Europe. We will be featuring Duvel's Art Glass series (see picture below) filled with Duvel Single. All you have to do is buy a glass and you get entered into the raffle! It's a awesome glass and it's an awesome cause!

 
I really hope you guys enjoy the week! I sadly will not be here (it's my vacation!!) but I will be thinking about you guys! Please donate to the Pints for Prostates charity and if you should have any questions please contact me here on my blog or ask for any of the other managers: Bo, Andrea or Blair and they will all be happy to help you!! I wish you all a great week and I'll see you in August!!! Best, KB.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, maybe you could start back on the blog again? Those of us who aren't cicerones want input!

    ReplyDelete