Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DFW Hour

OK folks, our final hour of the BeerBQ will be focused on local DFW brews. We really believe in supporting local breweries. It's a lot of fun and it's awesome to see so many of them popping up. When I first started at the Saucer we only had two locally made brews on, Rahr and Franconia. I'm happy to report that we rotate through more that 12 now!!! Including a DFW flight! Haha, I'd like to think we were one of the first bars to feature a local flight but you will see a few other places around town doing them. If you haven't had it in awhile you should try it out, we feature a lot of really awesome beers on there!!

So what do we have in this hour? Let's start off with Rahr and Sons Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer (winter warmer, 8.5% ABV) a big bodacious winter warmer with a ton of dark chocolate, vanilla, oak and spice with an warm alcohol finish (it's not called a warmer for no reason!). opaque black in color. Truly delicious. This particular keg has about 8 months of age on it, so it will be creamier and the alcohol notes should be more subtle.

Next up is Lakewood's Bourbon Barrel Temptress (imperial milk stout, 9.1% ABV). As those of you know who attended the Lakewood Brewing Company Beer dinner we hosted recently, I LOVE TEMTPRESS. Age it in Bourbon casks and I want to marry it and have it's children. Lots and lots and lots of vanilla going on in here as well as chocolate and caramel notes. It's freaking awesome! Don't miss it!!

Lastly, we have Deep Ellum's Darkest Hour (imperial stout, 9% ABV)...in truth I'm sad to see this beer go. We picked up two of these when they came out, released one and saved one. I've had it hidden for a long while now and it's finally time to let her go.  It's a huge imperial stout with dark chocolate, coffee and toffee aromas. Dark as night as it's namesake indicates. I've had it in several stages of aging and to me, I prefer AT LEAST one year on it. I think it makes it more rounder and the flavors that much more lush. Enjoy this 2012 vintage and look for it again this Fall.


That's the whole lineup for the BeerBQ folks! It's going to be pretty awesome!! I truly hope you guys enjoy it as much as we've enjoyed preparing for it!!! I will be around all day that Sunday, so if you see me and have any questions, flag me down and lets chat!!! Cheers!!! KB

1 comment:

  1. I was already excited about the BeerBQ, but now, I am even more excited and trying to figure out which beers I am going to have.

    ReplyDelete